Saturday, September 09, 2006

#1 reason to not forget to clean the litter box.

I just had to strip all the bedding, foam, mattresses and rug from Nate's room because one of my cats peed on his bed. We had two crib matresses pushed together as his bed because he rolls so much. The little vermin peed right where they meet, so it soaked the bedding and both matresses (even though they have a plastic covering, the cat pee won) and soaked through the 9x12 chenille rug into the floor. I guess my only option for cleaning that rug is a HUGE washer at the laundr-o-mat. UGH!!! As for now it's perfuming my front porch.

So much for a morning out. Looks like I'm on cleaning and cat-beating duty today. Don't get me wrong...I love my cats, but sometimes they are exceptionally skilled at tempting me to boot their heineys out into the yard...for good!


Is there anything worse than the nauseating stench of cat pee? A friend suggested dog poo was worse. I have to disagree. I think the cat pee wins by means of persistence. I can scrub away dog poo. Cat pee lingers...and lingers...and sours...then you get stale cat pee. And if you don't find it while it's wet...it turns to ninja pee...impossible to find! Then you end up sniffing every surface of the room because you insist it's there...somewhere and no one in the house is going to relax until it's found so you can clean it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home