Monday, June 26, 2006

The joys of an old house

Not only do we have spiders...and LOTS of them...we have other more unwelcome friends.

A big fat cockroach greeted me at my new house over the weekend. BLARGH! staring at me through the glass on the counter in the bathroom first thing in the morning, magnified to about 500 times normal ize. I nearly peed myself.

Our house is almost 100 yrs old and there are so many places that need to be sealed to keep the 'outside' bugs where they belong. It's a slow process, so we called the local bug-man to spray yesterday.

It will be a happy happy day when I finish sealing off all the little nooks and crannies where they find their way in. Until then, I shall rejoice in the occaisional twitching of a bug about to meet its maker, as I hover over it, yelling...."Now, go tell your little buddies what happens when you dare come into this house, you evil beast!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home