Sunday, April 09, 2006

April Fools Day (Karma: 3,654 Mo: ZERO)

As a favorite victim of that impish prankster known as Karma, I will warn you. Never, ever underestimate the probability that a mischevious prank of your own, will backfire horribly.

It was April Fools and we had just returned from a trip to Target. I brought our bags in and Dan was getting out of the car and reaching for the door to get Nate out of his car seat. I peeked out the door and clicked the lock button on my keychain just as he was pulling on the door handle. Frustrated he reaches into his pocket, retrieved his keys, and presses 'unlock'. He reaches again. I press 'lock' (heeheehee)...this time he squints his eyes and looks towards the house prepared to deliver the squinty look of evil hatred...as he unlocks the door again. I poke my head out one last time and press 'lock' as he sees me and I bust out laughing!

I hear: "You're freakin' HILARIOUS!"...in Dan's deadpan voice, complete with an eye-roll and glare of fiery doom to follow. I knew revenge would find me later...

And just as I duck my head back inside, I slip on the stupid rug and fall, face-first into the edge of the metal door. CRAAAAAACK!! Right into the bridge of my nose. Cracked the bone. The sound was nauseating. The pain, unbelievable. I cried like a big sissy. It swelled for a day and left a bruise, but didn't do enough damage to black my eye or make it bloody. I really thought I'd have a black eye!! It hurt so bad...and it still hurts.

And of course all Nate wants to do is poke it and say "nose" "nose" ... which Dan thinks is particularly hilarious, and laughs every time I wince.

Karma's kickin' my ass.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch hon!
I so miss your posts on CM...now that I'm on the LKNM board, no one can top your day in the life stories lol!

And now that I've buttered you up heeheehee...
tag!
Come visit me to see what I'm talking about. ;)

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home