Sunday, February 26, 2006

Whatever happened to phone etiquette?

Dan's phone rings just after midnight on Thursday night/ Friday morning...and he doesn't recognize the number, but he answers it thinking maybe it's one of his relative's numbers, which he might not recognize (his Great Grandmother died last weekend) The caller hung up after he said Hello.

The next day at lunchtime, just to be sure everything is ok and it's not someone he knows, he calls the number back. An older woman answers and he's pretty sure she's AA so he figures it's not a relative, and because he's feeling so bad...he hung up. Normally he would say "Sorry, wrong number...blahblahblah..." but he felt like crap.

So anyway, 30 seconds later his phone rings again...same number. He doesn't answer. Right after that, his voicemail notification chimes. He plays the message and I swear, this is verbatim what the lady said...and for any Southpark fans, if you remember Chef's Mom's voice...she sounded exactly like her.

Angry woman "Don't you call my g*dd*mn phone in the middle uh the motherf**king mornin' and hang up in my motherf**king ear, g*dd*mmit!"

I swear I thought I was going to pee all over myself laughing.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mo said...

man...if only.

I'll pay you big $$$$ to call his number @ 1am and harrass him like that.

And I will laugh for months.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home